Monday, August 20, 2007

Post-Typhoon Water

Yesterday I drove a carload of stuff down to my new home on the western coastal plain of Southern Taiwan. I was not prepared for what I saw: about 3/4 of an inch of water covering almost the entire 2nd floor. Thankfully, the 3rd floor only had a tiny bit of water leak in from typhoon Sepat. I'm unhappy not just about the water but because my coworker and I specifically asked the landlord about a column along the left wall and a spot on the roof that looked suspicious and he said there was no problem. I'm pretty sure that's where much of the water got in. Then again, in this part of rural Taiwan, you can't be too picky when choosing a place to live because frankly there aren't many to choose from. So I bought a water vac last night and after a meeting with the landlord at noon today, will try to continue on with mopping and painting.

No comments: