Monday, August 20, 2007

One for the Books

Last night I took my second longest ride on my 125 cc scooter ever. In the aftermath of the latest typhoon, I was delayed a couple of days in getting anything accomplished with regard to my move. So after first driving a mission vehicle down with all my stuff in it and leaving it there, I went back to Taichung and just after nightfall  drove my scooter down. It only took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I was surprised at how few cars were on the country road-- most people stay on the highways. What made the trip especially interesting was that I wasn't sure all the rain from the typhoon had passed. But the Lord smiled on me and only drove through a little drizzle the last half hour or so. The wind sure gets stiff and gusty as you get closer to the ocean here!

No comments: