Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dedicated Bicycle Lanes in Northport

Now that I’m regularly riding on my new moderately-priced 21 inch frame Giant XTC SE V bicycle, it’s reassuring to know that in BeiGang they’ve recently added dedicated lanes for bicycles. No matter where I looked, the scenery was similar (last week on the blogosphere I saw a similar post regarding lanes in northern Taiwan).

影像003

影像002

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thankfully, there are unobstructed countryside lanes and paths in the rice fields and along the coastline that run for miles once you’re out of town. I’ll never be one of those cycling around the island, but one morning last week I biked 54 km to Dongshi in Chiayi with some friends and have been out several mornings for rides half that far this week on my own.

影像000

No comments: