Monday, February 11, 2008

Mr. Ding's Latest Presidential Creations

In two earlier posts  here and here I introduced my neighbor and friend Mr. Ding the sculptor. Here I am holding ding3some of his recent work, including Taiwanese Pitcher Wang Jian-Ming, who plays for the New York Yankees.

  Some weeks ago Mr. Ding let me in on his latest secret but swore me to secrecy until the proper time. Now it's OK for me to let the cat out of the bag since last week two or three papers published his story. Here's one of several newspaper articles. But in case you don't read Chinese...

With Taiwan's next ding1presidential election coming up in March, Mr. Ding had the idea to sculpt the likenesses of the two candidates, Ma Ying-Jeou from the KMT and  Frank Hsieh from the DPP. Aren't they cute?

Last but not least here's one of the many garlics Mr. Ding has sculpted the last few weeks. Note: None of these images are for sale, particularly the presidential candidates or Wang Jian-Ming, as they're some sort of copyrights involved. Be sure to click on the video at the end of this post!

100-0023_IMG

No comments: