Monday, May 31, 2010

Unrecognizable to Acquaintance

 

The other day when passing through Taipei I thought I saw a young lady whose family I’ve known ever since I first came to Taiwan 13 years ago and lived that first year in ShenKeng in Taipei County. She would have been a young teen then.

She came into the 7-11 while I was at the check-out counter and I looked over at her 2 or 3 times. She only stared blankly past me, so I assumed I must have mistaken her for someone else.

The next day I was talking to the whole family up in CiDu in Keelung where I visited for church. Indeed it was the same young woman. Her mom told me that the evening before her daughter had come home and said: “Mom, I saw someone who looked a lot like Mr. So and So today. But it must not have been him because he was so fat.

Ouch!!!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

That made me smile