Monday, September 3, 2007

Slow in Settling In

Today in one coworker couples' list of prayer requests, I came across one that is equally valid for me:

"It is discouraging that it is taking so long to set up our house.  Each week we make progress, but it is taking a lot of time, and energy....Please pray for emotional stability and that we will set realistic expectations."

In the countryside here, that's the way things are unfortunately. For example, the other day I had my 2nd AC window unit put in. But in putting it in over my back door on the 2nd floor, the guy said the brand new screen door (which didn't overlap the AC frame) would have to come out and be cut down. So he left the door in a permanently open position which now won't shut. Well, after he left, I've had a couple of people tell me that was ludicrous. But getting him to come back (or the guy who referred him) to trim the frame will waste a few more days before I can open the door and let the evening breeze flow through....

It took over a week for a sliding plastic door to be delivered and installed, and several days now waiting for someone else to come and do another quick job which should have been done by now. And I've got a long list of small time-consuming projects for each room that I'll gradually be taking care of myself. But at the same time, I'm thankful for the daily progress in cleaning up my mess and gradually beginning to settle in!

No comments: