Saturday, September 22, 2007

Baby Birds



Three weeks ago shortly after having begun to settle in here, I purchased two baby birds. One was a sunbird, which would have been beautiful when it got bigger and which could have learned to talk. Unfortunately, it only lasted four days. :-(

The other is a love bird, which I raised a number of last term (they died like crazy too!) I like raising them from the chick stage because they're tamer that way if they survive, but the mortality rate is also much higher. I'm still feeding it by hand several times a day and it still can't fly.

Exotic birds are much cheaper in Taiwan than back in North America... only about 9 dollars for the lovebird as compared to $75 back home.

Update: in the 20 or 30 min since I posted this entry, the other bird died also... I think it broke its leg, which is also what did the first bird in. :-( Don't know if I have the heart to go buy more again or not.

No comments: