Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another Culinary Adventure

Those of you who have been following this blog recently are aware of some of the recent countryside "delicacies" I've tried recently.  Sunday night I was going to go for venison with a neighbor, but the place was closed. I declined on an additional invitation to try sweet country rat again as a substitute (once was enough).

Today brought a different kind of dining adventure. My kind and sharing neighbors who do a very good job of taking care of me brought over a large plate of food for me at lunch time. They had prepared it for people who came to worship the gods at the neighborhood temple yesterday and had tried to share it with me then, but I wasn't home.

After praying and thanking God for His provision and sovereignty over all things, I ate some of it, but stopped before consuming several strange-looking items I had never eaten before (I did take one small nibble)... I asked about them later. Chicken testicles. Finally a countryside culinary delight I wasn't terribly interested in trying!

No comments: