Monday, August 6, 2007

Signed Contract

Saturday I drove down to YunLin County and signed a contract on a typical countryside Taiwanese "Tou-Tian" House---(In Chinese that means "head-heavens"). It's three stories with two small rooms on each level. I'll use the front of the 1st floor for ministry, put in a kitchen in the back, and live and work mostly on the 2nd floor. The 3rd floor will be used to house short-term teams who we will hopefully be having over in abundance once we all get situated. 

The kitchen's an empty shell at this point so I first asked a coworker who is also moving into the area to take me to a kitchen store. That afternoon the shopkeeper drove over to measure the kitchen and in a week or so he'll come back to install the stove top, cabinets, and sink. I'm still in language study for two more weeks, but next weekend I'll head back down and hopefully slap down a coat of paint on the 2nd floor.

No comments: